Tip #2. Create Strong Passwords
- Mix combinations of words, digits, and special characters
- Use different passwords
- You should not use the same password for multiple accounts. If one of your online accounts is hacked, that single password could be used by hackers to access other accounts you have, like a bank account.
- Be creative
- Don’t use obvious passwords like birth dates, phone numbers, family member’s names, or anything else directly related to your life. Be creative and choose passwords that are not easy to guess.
- Don’t write your password down
Over the next few days we will be posting tips on performing financial transactions safely online.
Tip #1. Protect Your Computer
- Keep all your software, including internet browsers, up-to-date by using automatic updating
- Install and use legitimate anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- Keep your firewall turned on
- Password protect your wireless router
Chance Kirk has been selected as the CNB Employee of the Month for May 2012. Chance serves as an FSR and Teller at the Corsicana Downtown location. Chance is very deserving of this honor!
Citizens National Bank has a booth set-up at the Longview Business Expo which kicks off at 1:00 pm today at the Maude Cobb Convention Center.