Tip #2. Create Strong Passwords
- Mix combinations of words, digits, and special characters
- Use different passwords
- You should not use the same password for multiple accounts. If one of your online accounts is hacked, that single password could be used by hackers to access other accounts you have, like a bank account.
- Be creative
- Don’t use obvious passwords like birth dates, phone numbers, family member’s names, or anything else directly related to your life. Be creative and choose passwords that are not easy to guess.
- Don’t write your password down
Over the next few days we will be posting tips on performing financial transactions safely online.
Tip #1. Protect Your Computer
- Keep all your software, including internet browsers, up-to-date by using automatic updating
- Install and use legitimate anti-virus and anti-spyware software
- Keep your firewall turned on
- Password protect your wireless router
Kaye Cannon has been selected as the CNB Employee of the Month for March 2012. Kaye serves as a Branch Operations Manager for our Marshall office and is the Eastern Region Teller Coach. Kaye’s technical expertise along with her dedication to her work and to her employees is well known, and she is very deserving of this Employee of the Month honor.